2019 Workshop Registration
Thank you for your interest in our workshops, please fill out the information below. (separate submission for each family member please) Payment will be collected at the door by cash or check (checks should be made out to St. Anthony Community Theater).
- Technical Theater: Lighting Design – Explore the effects of light and shadow in storytelling and get hands-on experience with hanging and caring for lighting instruments. Open to all levels of experience; if you have leather / gardening gloves (heat resistant) or a crescent wrench please bring them. A limited number of gloves and wrenches will be available.
- Unarmed Stage Combat – Want to learn how to punch, slap and choke without getting hurt? Now’s your chance! In this interactive, low impact workshop we will explore the foundation of unarmed stage combat while learning the magic that goes into some of the fights that you’ve seen on stage, television and film. Come explore the world of Fake Fighting with Aaron Preusse, Certified Teacher and Mid-America Regional Rep with the Society of American Fight Directors.
- Swashbuckling Stage Combat – Come and swing a sword around and learn some of the fundamentals of Single Sword stage combat techniques from a Certified Teacher and Mid-America Regional Rep of the Society of American Fight Directors. Aaron Preusse will be teaching an introductory workshop with the most exciting sword from the golden age of swashbuckling-the Single Sword! This course is designed for all experience levels. Whether you are looking for a career in acting or just think swinging a sword for an hour sounds fun, this is the class for you!
- Life Hacks for Learning a Role
- Improv – Looking for a way to have fun and boost your confidence? Nate Weingarden, full-time cast member of Stevie Ray’s comedy cabaret, is offering a chance to hone your craft of improv comedy theater and bring your light-hearted, yet professional side of yourself to life!
- Dance for Theater – Join us for an introduction to dance for musical theatre. In this one hour workshop, students will learn, or further grow, in dance for theatre from perfecting jazz squares to polishing pivot turns. After a short warm up and a lesson on basic musical theatre dance steps, students will learn and perform a short dance combination to prepare you for all your summer musical theatre auditions.
All workshops are at the St. Anthony Community Center, except for the Lighting Design workshop, which takes places in the St. Anthony Village High School auditorium.
$20 for one, $35 for two, $50 for three or more in any combination of workshops or participants
Example, 1 person for 3 workshops = $50 or
3 persons for one workshop = $50
To ensure that we get your application, please fill out this form on a computer. space is limited. Preregistration is required for the stage combat classes.